Saturday, October 16, 2010

Flats flats.....and not so many more flats

Sooooo entered sort of a depressing flat search stage in my life.

There is not much on the market in terms of availability.

I am TIRED of searching.  That is all I do.  I have contacted - I think - every estate agent in London with no avail.

Since my last post I have looked at studios that weren't bigger than my closet, units that rockstars couldn't even afford, and places where you would feel bad if you knew rodents were living there!!!!  My frustration has mounted to the point were I am ready to just sign the papers on the next place I see!!!

On Thursday night I found the perfect place.  3 bedroom (as I will be sharing with 2 colleagues) 1 bathroom, beautiful kitchen, all new inside including floors appliances, etc., a private rooftop terrace that is HUGE, a communal garden, about 8 minutes away from Paddington station (which connects you to overground and underground trains, easy access to airports, pretty much the main tube station in London.  It's located on the cutest street ever, wouldn't be far from work, tons of cute shops, restaurants, grocery stores and everything.

The downside - one of the girls doesn't want to spend the list price.

After becoming an expert on property prices around London, I can say that this place is a STEAL.  We filled in our paperwork to see if our offer would even be accepted, and if we are, I don't know how I will be able to walk away from it.

I am off right now to see a unit that is just slightly lower in price (about 280 quid so not much) a month that the girl that is money conscious wants to look at....but it's far away.

I need patience right now, I need faith and most of all...I need support.

Please wish me luck and send your good thoughts my way....I need it.

I will be posting something else tomorrow I think because I have a lot more to share with you!!

Ciao for now!

4 comments:

  1. My lovely, it saddens me to read about your frustrating search for a flat. Unfortunately, I have no way of helping you; I can only be hopeful and think positive that your seach will end soon. I don't know what you are going through but I do know that I am proud of you for having courage and tenacity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mar!

    I am wishing you the BEST of luck in your search. Hopefully everything will come back positive and you can enjoy the (what sounds to be) super nice flat! I cannot even imagine your frustration - I hope it ends soon! Stay strong and determined and you can make anything you want to happen!

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mar, sending the VERY BEST thoughts your way - I KNOW that you will find the right flat for you. Courage, my dear - you have persevered thus far and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel from Toronto :-).

    Good luck this week!
    A.L. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The reason it is taking so long is because there is a little gem that is hiding and waiting for you to find it!
    Don't worry the perfect place is out there to match all of your requirements mixed with the others girls!
    Like I said, take your time you have 4 months until I visit!

    ReplyDelete