Tuesday, September 7, 2010

2 more sleeps

Sooooo much has happened in the past week that I wasn't able to update my blog!


My sweet coworker threw me a going away party, I had a friends going away party on Saturday and then a family going away party on Sunday.




My amazing boyfriend also got me tickets to the JayZ/Eminem concert, which I was DYING to go to, and I finished my last day at my old job too.  Needless to say, in my spare time, I have been trying to get my stuff together.  I have also made it my PRIORITY to not get stressed out, and to enjoy every last minute with my loved ones.  I do not want my short time left here at home to be filled with chaos.










It has been soo touching to have so many people send me off with such warm wishes.  I feel like right now, at this very moment, I am the happiest I have ever been.  With the beautiful people that surround me and make me a better person.  My family is the absolute GREATEST!  My parents are endlessly supportive, my sisters are my everything, my grandpa, uncles, aunts, cousins phenomenal...what more could I possibly want?  My boyfriend, who I have been dating for over TEN YEARS is my rock.  And my friends, well they are just the kindest people around.

Seriously though, when I think of everything I have here, it is so hard to say good-bye.  For those who pick up and leave everyone they have in their lives must not feel like I do.  This is tough.  I know that some will find it too difficult to keep in touch, or may think of me less and less as the months go on.  Absolutely crushing to think about.  Who wants to be forgotten?

Not sure how this post became a somber one, but I wanted to write - in a direct way - that I love my life.  I love the people in my life.  And I will be devastated and heartbroken when I step onto the plane on Wednesday night that will take me a bigillion miles away from all of these people.

1 comment:

  1. Though I moved to Chicago, it was with a girlfriend and was only but a few mere miles in comparison (200 +/-). And when I went to India and Paris (with London visits with my traveling cousin included!) it was only for travel and not to live. I have somewhat an idea of the fear that must have been gripping you, but cannot begin to tell you how brave you are and how proud I am of you for making this move. You are a strong woman Marla, and I am luckily to have you apart of my family

    ReplyDelete